Monday, October 21, 2013

My First Fix!



This was another subscription service that I just couldn't wait to receive! And I have to say, for it being my first Fix, my stylist (Alicia) did a fantastic job! Some reviews that I've read have said that their first month was disappointing but their Fixes improved over time. Luckily, my first Fix was pretty awesome! :)


Back in September, I gave a brief rundown of what Stitch Fix is and how it works, if you missed that post, you can read it HERE. One of the things I think I failed to mention, was the comment section in the style profile. So when you're filling out the style profile, at the end is a section to add comments for your stylist. Originally when filling out my profile, I skipped this section but came back to it a couple weeks later.  I told my stylist (at the time my stylist was unknown) that I wanted some items that were work/interview appropriate. I just go my bachelor's so it's time to job hunt and I recently discovered that I don't actually have a ton of "professional" attire. All of my previous positions were either casual or business casual so that part of my wardrobe was lacking. I also created a Pinterest board of items and outfits that I like or that I thought reflected my style. If you're curious to see my board, you can click HERE. And I also mentioned my favorite color (green) and that I liked nautical stripes and usually go for laid back pieces. 

Once I got my shipment notification, it only took about 3-4 days for it to arrive and then came the moment of truth. Now, in my experience, when most companies say to 'create a profile' and they're send you items based on what you put blah blah blah, it doesn't usually happen. Let's be real - there are thousands of people subscribed, how can it really be personalized?! (Even though they claim it will be...) Well, my Fix was COMPLETELY personalized! I was blown away! Seriously, I think I might've had a mini panic attack! 

Here is my invoice. I probably should've zoomed in on the top section, but that paragraph underneath the "We've got Fix #1 ready for you [...]" is from my stylist! She welcomed me to Stitch fix and then explains why she chose the pieces that she did. She actually took the time to look at my profile and read my comments! Aside from her lovely comments, are the items and how much they cost as well as the total if I were to keep all of them (the total for all minus the styling fee and 25% off).

These are the items she picked for me, but I'll go through all of them individually below. Starting with the top row, L to R, Alicia choose the Collective Concepts and 41Hawthorn blouse as good pieces for the workplace/interviews and she thought I'd love the color on the 41Hawthorn blouse. The zip up from Sweet Rain is one of her personal favorites. She sent me the Margaret M pants because of the color and they could be dressed up or down. And lastly, the Ark n Co jacket has the stripes, is a greenish color, but could also be used for work/interviews or dressed down.
First off, I love the color on this! Unfortunately, I didn't keep it. It was a little snug around the chest, not in an uncomfortable way, but it threw off the rest of the fit. It caused the pleating in the shoulders to be uneven and a little poofy which then threw off the button alignment. When I had this on I kept thinking 'am I crooked!?' LOL

Maybe if it were a size up, it would have given it a better overall fit. It was just kind of loose everywhere except for the chest.

 Alicia was dead on about this blouse! I love it! First off, the color in the picture does not do it justice! It's a gorgeous forest green color and the cut is super flattering. It also has a cute little apple charm that kind of works as a weight to create the cowl neck. I kinda think of this blouse as a mullet, business in the front, party in the back (LOL) because, even though the shirt is 100% polyester, the front has a different feel from the back. The back reminds me of a tee shirt, which I love! But I think this blouse can be worn so many different ways, I couldn't be more pleased with it! So yes, I kept this one...although I'm sure you could've guessed that. ;)




This made me giggle because the style was so dead on...I already own something almost identical to it! This is one of Alicia's favorites and apparently we have similar taste because I purchased something similar from Dailylook back in January, and I love that jacket! :P


















At first, I wasn't even sure if I was going to try this on because I already own a couple pairs of burgundy colored pants and I don't think I really need anymore. But I figured since I had it, why not try it on. These made me wish I didn't already own burgundy pants! They were sooooo comfy! They reminded me of a thick, good quality pair of leggings. They were a little high waisted on me and they zipped on the side, but I liked how dressy they looked and how comfortable they were. But since I already own some pants/jeans in this color, I couldn't justify keeping them. Maybe if they were a lot cheaper.... haha






Last but not least, the Ark n Co jacket. I really like how Alicia took everything I said to pick out my pieces and I kinda feel like this is three of my requests in one. The color, the stripes, the cut/blazer look, were all things that fit into my requests, but the fit was a little awkward on me and I know that I wouldn't get much use out of it. It does have shoulder pads and it's more on the cropped side in terms of length. So for me, those two features made me feel boxy. I think it would look great with a pair of skinny jeans and ballet flats and maybe a black and white tank underneath but overall I wouldn't use it much. Now if it were a solid neutral color that was longer, I'd totally wear it! ;)





Overall, if you couldn't already tell, I'm very pleased with this box. I have to say though, the attention to detail from the customers completely won me over. Even though I only kept the 41Hawthorn blouse, the rest of the items were totally "me" with the exception of the Ark n Co Jacket. But hey, that's 4 out of 5! Not bad! And I'll definitely be scheduling another fix soon! :D

Have you tried Stitch Fix? Do you like it? Wanna try it after seeing all these goodies?! lol Just click below!


Stitch Fix

No comments:

Post a Comment