Sunday, December 1, 2013

Golden Tote: November!

It has arrived!!! EEEK! I've been anxiously awaiting for this little guy ever since the spoilers came out. And they've already started showing some of the December items...oh my wallet/bank/boyfriend are not happy. lol So, I know I haven't posted in awhile and I need to catch up, but enough blabbing and more showing!

I went with the $149 tote and if you want more information on the costs and my first experience, you can read about that HERE.












Here are my two picks:
Floral Shift Dress by Honey Punch
 Floral Jacquard Dress by Renee C.

The quality of the floral shift dress (aka Herbaceous Babe Navy Floral Print Shift Dress on lulus.com) actually surprised me, I thought it'd be thinner but it has some nice weight to it. (BTW it's 100% polyester.) And to stay on the safe size...I mean safe side ;) I ordered everything in Large. I'd rather something be too big and needing to be altered rather than something be too small. The shift dress is comfortable, although it is a little snug in the chest,  it's not horrible to the point where I can't wear it. It's also a really nice length, about mid thigh (I'm 5'7), so I think it would be appropriate for the office, especially with some tights and booties. 

The floral jacquard dress is pretty but wasn't really what I was expecting.  It's a "pullover" dress, it's stretchy, lightweight, and a nice length. The GT's website says that the dress runs "True mostly true to size but on the smaller side. An XS or Small person can wear the size small". So if you were considering this dress, and wanted more of a looser fit, I'd recommend going up a size. 

Pattern close up
Inside of dress

Lace Swing Dress by inClove






 The surprise item that was announced! I believe this was also available in blue. It's really comfortable and the quality feels nice. Since it is a swing style dress, a belt can be added to add more shape.











Dip-Dye / Ombre sweater by Lumiere






This Lumiere sweater is my favorite!! It's soft and thick and I love the ombre effect.


Sweater by Renee C


















The Renee C Sweater is super super soft and comfortable.
Lastly, this top from Peaches Love Cream. This is something I definitely wouldn't have pick up for myself if I saw it in stores, but after I tried it on I really liked it. However, the fit is what killed it for me. It fit fine in the arms and pretty much everywhere except for the chest area. I thought maybe it was just the bra I had on, so I tried it on again after switching bras, and got the same result. :( Total bummer.
Back - keyhole detail
Front - top by Peaches Love Cream

So that was my tote and now it's time for the December tote sale! They released a preview of an owl sweater and that sold me. :) The shipping should be a bit faster this month, they've been saying that they want to ship everything so people get their items before Christmas. So once I get mine, I'll post pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment