Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nature Box!


I meant to post this a few days ago, but I haven't been feeling too great, but if you follow me on Instagram, you already know that this was my first NatureBox (and when I got it).  
So I subscribed to this service mostly for my boyfriend's sake since he doesn't have the best eating habits during the work week. He doesn't eat breakfast, occasionally takes a lunch, or doesn't eat anything until he gets home (and by that time he's usually not the happiest person to be around). So this seemed like a good subscription service for him and I like that there's a variety of snacks and they're all healthy, plus they're in easy to grab pouches. 


So what is NatureBox? 
They're a monthly subscription service that sends out 5 healthy, "nutritionist-approved snacks".  The first month is a surprise in terms of which snacks you get, but you can pick your snacks after the first month (plus add some more on). Also, you can cancel or pause your subscription any time!
Cost:
They start at $19.95 a month (free shipping!)
Get your first box for 50% off when using my referral link: http://fbuy.me/mN3n

Here's what I got:

Masa Crisps - Corn Chips with flax Seeds: Basically, these remind me of Fritos with flax seeds. I'm not a big frito fan (and neither is the BF) so these were just okay.


Roasted Kettle Kernels - Honey coated toasted corn: At first glance, I immediately thought of CornNuts. I HATE CornNuts! Every time I've tried CornNuts I thought I was going to chip a tooth. Okay, I'm done with my rant, moving on. :)  I LOVE these Roasted Kettle Kernels! They're crunchy, not hard; and they have a sweet, salty taste. They're delicious, and my boyfriend liked them too. A total win!  

Cherry Berry Bonanza - dried cranberries, cherries, and blueberries:This is the only item I didn't try, but my boyfriend did and really enjoyed them.

Pistachio Power Clusters - almonds, cashews, and pistachio squares: These were very crunchy, yet light and sweet and salty. They reminded me of Crunch 'n Munch. These would be great post gym!



 Last, but not least, Vanilla Macaroon Granola. This was yummy. It even had coconut flakes, and that mixed in with the vanilla was just yum. It would taste amazing in yogurt. But I actually added a little bit of this to chocolate chip cookies and that was good too. Although I can't take credit for coming up with that idea. Along with all of these goodies, we received stickers and a booklet with snacking suggestions. Adding this to chocolate chip cookies was one of the suggestions, and it was great. Chocolately with just a hint of extra vanilla and coconut. 
Overall, this service is fantastic! I can't wait for our next box! We got to pick out our 5 snacks (or we could have been surprised but we decided not to) AND we added on extras. We went a little overboard....just a little. So our next box will have 10 items (which came out to a tad bit over $30 - but still that's about $3 a bag which I think is a good deal).

Here's what we picked for our next box:

My boyfriend picked the top row (see, he really did like the berry mix and the granola!) and I picked the bottom ( Yay! Kettle Kernels!!!! haha).  I'm glad to see him munching on healthy stuff and me too for that matter. I surprised myself with the kettle kernels but I'd rather munch on those then chips or something from the vending machine. Their site is really great when making your snack selection too because it shows you the ingredients and the nutritional information.

If this post made you hungry, you can pick up your first box for 50% off! Sign up here: http://fbuy.me/mN3n

No comments:

Post a Comment