Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Ipsy Bag!


I've been a member of Ipsy for a few months now and I've only found 1 other post/review....not sure how that happened, I guess I just posted more on Instagram? Not sure... But last time I posted  about Ipsy I was on the Waiting List, but that is no longer! Here's what I got in my September Ipsy Bag!


Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Masks, NYX Single Eyeshadow in Charcoal, Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple, Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara, and Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil.

I was pretty excited about the Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Masks because I've never tried a paper mask, and the fact that they sent 3 is just awesome! I have yet to use them because I've been trying other products out and something is irritating my skin...but that's another story :/. 

A few Ipsy bags ago, I received the Cailyn eyeliner in purple and was very impressed with it, and this lip balm is no exception. It's more like a stain and it's super pigmented! Plus, like the eyeliner, the top portion of the cap contains a brush.

I haven't opened the mascara or the eyeshadow yet, but the NYX shadow looks lovely and is on trend (Fall is all about grey smokey eyes, ya know!). 


This was an extra bonus that I was excited to see. I've been seeing several mixed reviews on this new collection, but with all things cosmetic, it really comes down to a personal preference. 

Inside the pamphlet 
Back of the pamphlet. 

I actually like the idea that this is almost like a 'paint by numbers'. Some palettes can be intimidating with a ton of different colors,especially if you're new to makeup. Now of course you can always let loose and come up with different looks, but this palette takes all of the guess work out. 

Here's the sample that was inside the pamphlet.
 Usually samples like this are more to evaluate the texture and sometimes aren't enough to actually try out the product, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Since the colors are already coordinated for you, I followed the numbers and applied. Here's how it came out. 


Overall, not bad. I had enough product in my sample to apply to both eyes and "Natural Talent" is a suiting name, as it's a very natural look. Pigmentation was alright. I did need to build up the base color but didn't really have an issue with the rest. I can see the pigmentation being an issue for some as it can be a little sheer. However, I can see that being a positive for others! So it really depends on what you're comfortable with. Here's the whole look with the blush as well.


What are your thoughts on the Em Life Palette and the September Ipsy bag? 

In case you've missed them, here are the OCTOBER sneak peeks!






If you're not already a member of ipsy, be sure to sign up! It's one of my favorite subscription services and it's only $10 a month! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment