Thursday, May 10, 2012

Birchbox and LBB

I've been slacking on updating this, mostly because I've had finals (which as of today, I'm officially done! woo!!). I couple blogs back I mentioned the monthly subs I'm getting and only really posted on the MyGlam GlamBag. So, here's my Little Black Bag (I should be getting my May bag on Saturday) and my April and May Birchboxes. 


Since I already posted pictures of what I was getting, I won't really post anymore from that bag. But, overall, I liked the packaging, each item was individually wrapped with black tissue paper and sealed with a "Little Black Bag" logo sticker. The sucky thing that I noticed was that my bag is wearing out at the bottom as in the straw is coming undone. So that sucks. I've used the bag about 8 times since I got it and it has considerable wear on the bottom (cheaply made?), I thought it'd last longer than that.


As for my Birchboxes.....
April- Natural Wonders:

  • Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Mineral Tinted Moisturizer
  • Benta Berry - G-1 Exfoliating Facial Cleanser
  • Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes
  • Wonderstruck Taylor Swift (sample size)
  • Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil
  • Kahina Giving Beauty Facial Lotion

I've used the tinted moisturizer once, so far because I broke out a little bit afterwards and I dont know if that's the cause of it or if its because I've also just started using the Clarisonic Plus.... But anyways, this has really good coverage for it being a tinted moisturizer (which I was happy about), but I really need to give it another go before deciding if I really like it or not. And luckily, the sample is a good size to where you can actually try out the product a few times.


The Benta Berry cleanser was alright...I didn't really see a difference or feel a difference in my skin compared to other cleansers I have.


The blueberry towelettes smell SOO GOOD! And they seemed to remove all of my makeup and left my skin feeling soft. The package comes with 8 towelettes and it has a resealable flap.


Wonderstruck has notes of Freesia, Green Tea, Apple Blossom, Raspberry, Dewberry.  Its very light and flirty but it seems like you have to be generous with how much you put on because it seems to disappear after awhile. I think its a great Spring scent.


Out of the Kahina products, I've only tried the Argan oil and applied it to my face a couple of times after I've washed it and  I loved it! It hydrates your skin and I felt like it really helped with my complexion. I'm considering buying the full size since I saw such a change in my skin and didn't have that gross oily feeling. 


May - Gossip Girl:




I just recieved this box today so I haven't tried all of the products yet... But here's what I got and here's what I've tried so far:



  • Arquiste L'Etrog Perfume sample - (notes calabrese cedrat, myrtle, date fruit, and vetivert). From the smell of it, it might be a little strong for my taste. And actually, it kinda reminds me of the incense smell that you get when you walk into a church lol. But who knows maybe after it will smell different after wearing it for awhile (hopefully! lol).
  • beautyblender blendercleanser - Cleanser for makeup brushes and sponges and its soy based. I've always used light shampoos. (My favorite to use on my brushes and sponges is the Burt's bee's shampoo bar.)
  • ColorClub Nail Polish in Disco Nap - Nice gold color and it goes on thick so you only really need 1-2 coats and it dries fairly quickly
  • Dr. Jart+ Waterfuse BB Cream - I tested a little bit on my hand and I think it may be a little too light for me but it feels soft and looks like it has pretty decent coverage.
  • Twistband Skinny Headband (yes, that pink ribbon item in the picture) - I'm actually a little disappointed with this. It feels really cheap and is tied off at the end. I'm pretty sure the ribbon that tied everything up in my birchbox is thicker than this and it feels like, if you stretch it out enough that it'll either break or lose all elasticity. But apparently its $20 for a 6 pack of these babies. (meaning that this pink guy costs about $3.34 all by itself...totally not worth it.) BUT! I'll give it a try, maybe it'll really hold up.
So that's pretty much it. Overall, I think these sub. boxes are fun. Its like getting a present in the mail every month.
Also, on a totally different note...I've been reading Fifty Shades of Grey (umm..who isn't reading that!? :D ) and I LOVE THEM! I just finished the 3rd book last night and I'm so excited that they're making a movie! 

So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment