Friday, August 15, 2014

H&M Outfit Ideas from Haul

I thought I'd throw together a few outfit ideas I had in mind when I went crazy shopping on H&M's website.

Maxi Dress, jean jacketStraw Shopper, Carrini Strappy Sandals 

In my haul, you'll notice I purchased the same style of Maxi dress but in the stripe pattern. That wasn't intentional, I think in total I've placed 4 orders for this black maxi dress. 
1st order - too big.
2nd order - they sent me the striped maxi dress and I ended up liking the fit so much that I kept it :) 
3rd order - Not the same cut as the striped one...I ordered it in the same size as the striped maxi, but it was about an 1/2 - 1 inch smaller on the sides and almost 2 inches shorter.
4th order - the black maxi was on sale for $9, tried to exchange the one from the 3rd order for a size bigger (was planning on getting it altered) but they sold out. 
It was truly not meant for me to have the black maxi LOL. BUT, this was the outfit I had in mind for it.

Jersey topCircular Skirt, Prada Saffiano Vernice Tote, ShoeMint Karina Flats
So I don't have the Prada bag, but I did end up ordering these cute d'orsay style shoes from ShoeMint. Unfortunately, a size 9 was too big and the 8.5's were too small. I wish they would've had a size in between because they were adorable. I blame my wide feet. :( So for this outfit, I'd swap out the ShoeMint flats for some patent leather ballerina flats. As for the bag, I think this one is a similar style and way cheaper. 

Wide Cut Top, Faux Leather Leggings, Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac, High Heeled Sandals
I thought this would be a nice transition into Fall outfit. It's put together but surprisingly comfy. And since its so simply, a statement necklace would be a great addition. Or a blazer. Or scarf and floppy hat. :)

I've seen a bunch of these outfit type pics being put together and thought I'd give it a try (I used Diptic on my iPhone/iPad). Especially since I like to buy pieces already having an idea on how I'm going to style them. It prevents me from ending up with a closet full of items and asking myself why I'd buy something like that and never wear it. Hope you enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment