Monday, August 25, 2014

Golden Tote August & Sept. Sneak Peeks!

It's been a long time since I've gotten a Golden Tote (GT) and I've missed them! My last tote was in December and since then I've just been living vicariously through others as they post their totes on Facebook. And as I admired their totes, I watched as the lovely ladies of GT started collaborating with other designers and this month it was with Merrick White from MerricksArt. I'll be honest, I've never heard of Merrick before GT but once they announced the collaboration I checked out her blog and fell in love with her style!


Before we get to the good stuff, in case you've forgotten or aren't familiar with GT, here are the details:

What is Golden Tote?
It's a clothing subscription service created by the lovely ladies of the clothing brand Puella. They offer 2 monthly sales that you can participate in or not; you only get charged when you do participate. The first sale is on the first Monday of the month and sales last until the end of the month or until everything sells out.

There are 2 different options/totes:
*TOTE PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE S&H*
They also have the option to shop their boutique which may include some items from the previous totes as well as current selection items at a nicely discounted price. 

Return policy: It's an "all or nothing deal" and they don't really do exchanges. However, they've helped put together a trading community on Facebook where lots of ladies have sold or traded their GT items with each other.  If you have any questions regarding ordering or size, their customer service team has always been super helpful and accommodating. A size chart is also located on their site as well as model stats and if the item fits TTS or not.

Here are the two items that Merrick designed for this month:
*images from goldentote.com*

Lace top in Coral & Blue and Black & Ivory.




Summer Swing Dress in Blue, Paisley, and Stripes




Of course when these babies went on sale they sold out like hot cakes, but luckily I was able to get my hands on exactly what I wanted. I love both designs but I didn't think the sleeves on the lace top would be flattering on me, so I went for a small tote with my pick being the swing dress in blue.


My tote arrived last Friday and I was anxious to rip open the box and try the swing dress on. But when I pulled it out of the bag, the material wasn't really what I was expecting. This is totally my fault. I should have paid more attention before ordering; I assumed it would have more of a cotton blend, but its mostly polyester (83% polyester, 14% rayon, 3% spandex) and has to be dry cleaned. I also should have ordered a size down. I keep forgetting that I should go a size down in swing dresses... Apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment lol.

Summer Swing Dress w/o belt






Summer Swing Dress w/ belt

So now I'm not sure if I should keep it and try to get it altered or just live with it. Or if I should just return it or sell/trade it. It is a gorgeous shade of blue though... :)






For my surprise item I received a Roly Poly 3/4 sleeve lace top. I actually requested this top for a surprise item. I saw someone receive it in black in their June or July tote and thought it was really pretty. The sleeves are a little tight so this is another item that I'm not sure about keeping. On the brightside though, it is really lightweight and perfect for summer.






 I'm kind of on the fence with my tote this month. I like both items but I wish the one that fits larger was smaller and the one that fits smaller was larger lol. I have 14 days to return it, so I need to decide soon...your input is greatly appreciated! :P Although I'm kind of leaning towards keeping them and using them as motivation to work out more...IDK. haha

GT has already started posting their September sneak peeks! They're bringing back the Merrick Swing dress in a different shade of blue and I'm curious as to what that stripe and floral item is in the bottom left picture! :) They're September sale starts on Sept. 8th ! Let me know what you think about the Aug. tote, did you order one? Are you looking forward to September's tote?

GT Sept. Sneak Peeks! Images from GT's instagram @goldentote

No comments:

Post a Comment