Tuesday, August 28, 2012

IntiMINT and StyleMINT Haul

For those of you who are not familiar with IntiMINT and StyleMINT, they're like JewelMINT, but instead of jewelry, IntiMINT is lingerie and lounge wear and StyleMINT is clothes - mostly tops but they also have dresses and some accessories.


Since I've been a member of JewelMint, I had received some emails about the other Mint sites and how they were having an "open house". This is where you could try the sites without the monthly memberships. So I did. :) StyleMint was having a "Mystery Bag", so for $29.99, you received at least three of their "best selling shirts". So I figured why not. It seemed like a good deal and it would be a quick way to test out the quality and see if they were a membership I'd want to stick with. I ended up receiving the Brooklyn T, "I'm almost not crazy" T, and the Savannah T, in their M/L size, which on their site is 3. Their sizes are :
1
XS-S (2/4)
2
S-M (6/8)
3
M-L (8/10)
4
L-XL (10/12)
5
XL (12/14)

I wasn't sure how their shirts were going to fit so I didn't want to get something too small and I prefer my shirts to be kind of loose.
Now, to be honest, if given the option, I would not have picked ANY of the shirts that I received, but I tried them all on anyways and surprisingly liked 2 of the 3. The Brooklyn T is reddish shirt with bluish flowers and a slight high-low hem. I've paired it with colored jeans and like it. The "I'm almost not crazy" T is really soft, kind of thin, so it's nice for the summer. It's just a basic tee and I think the saying is funny.
The Savannah T is a black shirt with white stars all over it. I tried it on and as much as I'd like to like it...I don't. It's just not something I see myself wearing...ever haha.

After the Mystery Bag, I purchased a few more items. the Jade Tank (in black), Jackson (in red), and received the Cassia Body-con bandeau for free. Again, I ordered the same size and the Jackson T seems to fit a little smaller and the Jade tank is HUGE. It has adjustable straps and I can't adjust them anymore! lol I wanted to exchange it for a smaller size but they're all sold out of the 1s and 2s and like JewelMINT, items are usually in limited quantity. :( So, I've tried shrinking it but it seems to stretch back out after wearing it. Oh well. I found a cheaper alternative at Forever 21 for $8! :) 
Overall, I like the shirts. Do I think they're worth the $29.99? NO! Honestly, I was really bummed out when I looked on Forever21's site and found very similar items for a fraction of the cost. So, I would suggest to check out their site and if you find something you love, look around for something similar first before buying.

Okay, now it's time to get IntiMINT! LOL
Such cute packaging! Plus a free mesh bag to wash your delicates! :)

They have a special on their site where you can order 2 pairs of panties for $19.99. So that's where I started, even though I know I can go to VS Pink and get 5 pairs for $25, I've heard the quality of the IntiMINT products are "amazing". So I ordered the Dolce Vita Brief (in Geranium) and the Belly Boyshorts (in shell pink). Now, I would post pictures, but...I've already worn them and even though they're washed and put away in my drawer, it seems a little weird to me to take pictures of them now lol. So, go check out the site for images that I'm lacking lol. But, to get back on topic...the Bella Boyshorts are all lace in a really soft, pale pink color and the briefs have a full back and has lace on the top band area...does that make sense? And they're in a coral-red color.
I also ordered the Bella Bandeau in shell pink and the Malibu cardi in grey. Now, I've tried other bandeaus and haven't really been a fan, either they're too supportive and squish "the girls" or not supportive enough. But again, intiMINT had rave reviews on the quality of their products, so I figured I'd try it and send it back if I didn't like it. Surprisingly, I LOVED it. In fact, I've loved everything from IntiMint and now I seriously want to buy EVERYTHING from their site! lol. The bandeau is a little sheer, all lace, and the same pink color as the Bella Boyshorts. But it's super soft and just the right amount of support. The cardi I got is also buttery soft, perfect for around the house or for running errands. Even though it's summer, I've been finding excuses to wear it! But it's perfect to throw on when heading over to the gym or yoga, as a nice cover up.

They also just released a TON of amazing bras that I have been itching to get my hands on because I've never seen anything like them...or I've just totally missed them lol. And they also have some super cute lounge sets, maxi dresses, pjs, just a ton of nice stuff. So, I definitely recommend checking them out.   :)

And that concludes my 'Mint experience so far. Next up - Makeup Brushes! Also, Julep Maven boxes! I'm just waiting for my Sept. box so I can do an August/Sept. box in one. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment