Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sigma Brushes!


These are my most used brushes, with some new additions. Most of my "most used" brushes are MAC, but I've never been like "OMG - THESE ARE AMAZING!". They've always just kinda, go the job done. From the picture above, there are a few MAC brushes that have lighter handles (the 4th, 7th, and 11th brushes) are special edition MAC brushes. And to me, they seem to be cheaper quality than the regular MAC brushes. But the one I have the most issues with is brush number 4. No matter what kind of product I use with it, it always sheds and leaves the damn hairs sticking to my face! And I really wanted to have an alternative brush that I could use for foundations, especially since I didn't feel like the MAC foundation brush blended as well and seemed to get a little streaky.


So, I started researching a bunch of different brushes and kept coming across Sigma brushes. There are a ton of videos on YouTube from Beauty Gurus who just rave about these brushes and how they're pretty comparable to MAC and how the prices are really good. I also looked for videos of girls using these brushes in make up tutorials so I could see how well they apply/blend/etc. I've recently been watching this gorgeous girl on YouTube named Chloe Morello (seriously go check her out, to me she looks like Miranda Kerr! And I love her videos!). Anyways, she uses Sigma brushes for her tutorial and I loved the kabuki brush she uses for foundation. Seriously, the application is perfect and gives that airbrushed finish! AMAZING! But I wanted to check it out for myself. So, I went to the Sigma website and looked at all their different brushes, makeup, and brush packs. All of which are really well priced! For what you would pay at MAC for like one brush, you could get like four Sigma brushes!

I ended up picking out 3 brushes that I didn't have in my collection - F80, F20, and the E20.


This is what my order looked like: Catalog of products, my Free gift,  a card on brush care and my brushes!

From Left to Right - E20, F20, and F80

I've used the F80 to apply tinted moisturizer and it applied perfect. I think it was the first time that I've ever actually been excited about how my makeup applied. In the past it always felt like either my foundation brush or my blending sponge would soak up most of the product and I'd have to keep adding and try to blend everything out, and it bothered me when it came time to wash my brushes or sponge and see all that product go down the drain. But this brush doesn't feel like that. It's incredible soft...and actually..most of the brushes are so freakin soft its crazy. But it feels like it applies the product and doesn't soak it all up.
F80 - Flat Kabuki 

When I've gone into MAC and had my makeup done or had a rep show me a product, they usually used their big powder brush and I really liked it...however, I think it's close to $60 FOR THAT ONE BRUSH. And I think I'd rather spend that money on something else...like a ton of other makeup products in the MAC store! lol So I've found this to be the PERFECT alternative. And it was only $22 and applies great!
F20 - Large Powder


The other two eye brushes, I haven't tried yet and I'm curious about the E20 brush because it's not as soft as the others. It's more on the stiff side (that's what she said! lol) but I have hooded eyelids and I thought this would be a great brush for applying product onto my "crease". As for the eye liner brush that I got as my free gift, the quality is really nice. It's a soft brush and unlike other eyeliner brushes I've tried (including MAC), it almost feels like a sponge, or one of those felt tip eye liner applicators. All of the hairs stay together, giving it that sponge like feeling (does that make sense? lol), which I think will provide excellent, precise application. I just need to replace my gel liner :).
E20-Short Shader Brush

Free Gift - E05 - Eye liner

Overall, I was incredibly surprised with the quality of these brushes and I love the reasonable prices. So...I've decided to sign up for their affiliate program and in doing so, that means I'll be posting discount codes for their site every month. I'm really excited about this because now I can actually rant and rave about products that I love and be able to provide discounts for them and who doesn't like to save money?! lol So here's this month's discount! Just click on the link and enter SB2012 at checkout:

I hope this was helpful! Until next time...! x

No comments:

Post a Comment