Thursday, January 2, 2014

Golden Tote - December


In my November Golden Tote post, I mentioned how they posted a picture of a sweater with owls on the sleeves, and how that was reason enough for me to get a December Golden Tote...so I did. :) I usually get the $149 tote, but since I made a nice dent in my checking account on Black Friday, I decided to check out the $49 tote.

Their sales start on the first Monday of every month and that happened to be on Cyber Monday for the Dec. tote and as part of Cyber Monday, all orders placed on that day would get a free accessory. So here's what I got:


 
I love my owl sweater (by Morning Apple)! They offered it in both grey and ivory and I decided to get the ivory since I have a few grey sweaters already. It's soft and comfy, and the owl offers a bit of color, so I love it. Plus I find it to be kinda flattering and have been wearing it to death with riding boots and leggings.

Close up!




















My surprise item:


I think this may be in a couple of colors but I got the black one. Its very flattering, it's a bit low cut, but I think that just adds to its versatility. Wearing a lace cami underneath can make it office appropriate and no cami makes it a perfect date night outfit! ;)

Here is a picture of the dress in a different pattern/color from Golden Tote's Instagram:





















I also added on the Boyfriend Knit Sweater:

Boyfriend Knit Sweater by P O L
It hasn't been super cold where I live, but the weather has been a bit unpredictable. Sometimes we'll get really cold winters, but so far it's been pretty mild. Either way, my closet is seriously lacking in heavy duty sweaters. This one looked a tad bit boxy on the model but decided to order it anyways.
Closeup for sweater




















Unfortunately, it's a tad bit boxy on me too -but hey! you never know until you try! :) I tried it on a couple of times but in the end I sent it back. I loved the thickness and I could've worked with the boxy-ness, however, I found that the slightest movements caused the sweater to bunch up in the waist area and then the odd shape would just stay put.

Weird bunching :( But a more accurate picture of the color :)
They haven't released spoilers for January yet but they did post this on FB -


I can't wait to see what their "new tradition" is and hopefully we get some more hints/spoilers!


No comments:

Post a Comment