Wednesday, December 11, 2013

TweleveCase - November

I believe it was in late September or early October, I got a twitter notification that TwelveCase was following me, so I decided to check out their site to see what they had to offer. 


What is TwelveCase?
They're a subscription service that sends out new cases every month for a monthly fee of $9.99*.  
* - $9.99 + 3.01 Shipping fee = $13 a month

They have 3 different plans:
  • a month by month plan (which is what I signed up for and the monthly fees get taken out of your payment method every month)
  • 3 month plan
  • 6 month plan
They accept PayPal and you can cancel your subscription anytime.

Now I should say that this company is pretty new and I think they have a few things they could work on. Other than that, I think this could be a decent service. 

So on their site, in the FAQs section, it says:
Case I received 

"If you order between the 1st and 15th, your first case will be shipped the 30th of that same month, and each new case will be shipped the 30th of the following months. "

I placed my order on Oct. 7th, so I figured that my case would ship on Wednesday, Oct. 30th.

Wednesday, Oct. 30th came...and went...and I never received an email saying that my case had shipped. Ideally, I would have gotten a notification with a tracking number, or at least something saying that my item had shipped. But I got nothing.  

So I got on Twitter to see if they had any recent tweets, or something showing some sign of life - but their last post was on Oct. 22nd...  I tweeted them, asking if cases had been sent out...no response (I deleted that tweet after I received my case).  Turns out that they actually shipped it out before that on Oct. 28 and I received it on Nov. 5th.

So it's great that they shipped it out before their site said they would, and the time it took to get from Canada to me wasn't bad. 

close up! kinda blurry - sorry :/

As far as the case designs, the The TwelveCase site says: "Each month's case comes with a beautiful new design that you won't find in any store because we design them ourselves!"

I like the case they sent me. I think the design is neat. It's not something I would have picked out myself, but I'm glad it's in my collection.

I'm not sure who exactly designs their cases, but some of the cases on their site can be spotted on Society6 under the designer RexLambo.  Perhaps RexLambo designs for them?





My package. (Upside down...hehe)
I'm not sure how many people are subscribed to them, but my envelope was hand written and although I like the "personal touch" of handwritten packages, letters, etc., I cannot even imagine the hand cramps that they have by the end of the day! But they should seriously consider using labels, and maybe using their logo on the return address label. Or even just a unique envelope (kinda like how Ipsy has the bright pink ones) because they're easy to spot. But that's just my suggestion.

I also think they should add something like a card with a description of the design you received. What you see in my package photo is everything I received. No additional content, no marketing pieces, just the stripe paper bag that had my phone case in it. 
I did end up cancelling my subscription when I hadn't heard whether or not my case had shipped because when I logged into my account, the only thing I saw was "next billing date". And since I hadn't received my first month, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it enough to continue with an additional month. But like I said earlier, they're new and I think they have a few kinks to work out, so I may try them again later on down the road. Hopefully this was helpful if you were curious about this service.


DISCLAIMER: 
Aside from them "following me", they did not reach out to me to do a review or anything like that, I paid for this with my own money. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment