Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I decided yesterday to do some spring cleaning and upon doing so, I pulled out ALL of my makeup. I don't think you realize just how much stuff you have until it's all laid out in front of you! 

I'm probably like most people, who have their staple items that they use everyday and even though I like to try new products, I still usually stick to what I know and love (at that moment :) ). But I realized yesterday that I have so many products and they're just sitting there! It'd be one thing if I was constantly doing makeup for other people because then I'd at least have a variety but since that doesn't happen as often as I'd like, it's just collecting dust. So, I've come up with a solution! I bit of a challenge for myself really. I ended up putting aside the products that I won't ever use (I'll give those away to friends and family who want them), and put everything else in my train case, including the products that I have in my everyday makeup bag.

It's super messy, I may need to invest in another case, but this is what it looks like as of now:


So my challenge to myself is this: I must use a different product everyday!  

Usually my everyday look is simple; foundation or tinted moisturizer, blush, bronzer, eyeliner, and mascara.

And for those curious, what was in my everyday makeup bag, pre-cleanup? 
The picture quality isn't that great, I'm used my iPhone, but you get the idea :)

We're seeing an early dose of Summer in my neck of the woods, so I've switched over to a tinted moisturizer because I usually find that a lot of foundations feel really heavy and make me breakout when its hot and I get all sweaty.

So I've been using the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++ in St. Moritz and Alaska. 
I started with Alaska first because pre-tan, it matches surprisingly well. But now that I'm getting tan, St. Moritz is starting to match. One thing I noticed about St. Moritz though, is that it can give a very yellowish tint if applied too heavy. I have more of an olive complexion, with yellow undertones, so it works well.
Alaska on the Left, St. Moritz on the Right
Bronzer: Tarte in Park Avenue Princess. I think this is the first Tarte product I've used and I really like it! (I got it as a Beauty Insider sample from Sephora) It gives a nice glow, it's not super heavy or dark on me but when the light hits my cheeks, it gives a 'just out on the beach all day' kinda glow.
Blush: MAC blush in Margin, which is one of their frost blushes. It adds a hint of color with the Tarte bronzer that gives a natural look. Usually for my "everyday" look, I tend to go with a neutral/natural look.
Tarte Park Avenue Princess on the Left, MAC Margin on the Right

Mascara: Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof mascara, in Blackest Black. This is a good basic mascara. It adds volume and it hasn't clumped up on me, and it's a good price (I think it's only like $5). And I've also used Loreal Double Extend mascara Beauty Tubes (waterproof and in black), which I really liked. It has adds length and volume and doesn't clump up. 

Eyeliner: Loreal Lineur Intense liquid liner in Carbon Black. I've used this eyeliner since my days in high school.  I like the applicator, which is a small thing brush, which I find perfect for creating thin lines and it's not messy. However, if you apply too much of this product, it almost becomes cakey and will flake off. 
When I'm in a hurry and don't have time to carefully apply liquid liner, I'll just use any old black pencil liner. 

Tomorrow, I shall try different products from my goodie case and will let ya'll know how that turns out :)

Until next time :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment