Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Julep Maven Recap

I've been meaning to do this post for awhile now but I was waiting for my October box so I could just do, one big, collective...haul?...review? I guess It would be a review lol. So without further ado! Here are the Julep Maven boxes for August, September, and October 2012!
August:
To be honest, I'm usually not a fan of metallics. I've tried some and they just seemed to look funky on me. So while, I considered skipping August, I ended up looking at Julep's blog, http://blog.julep.com/?s=Meet+the+August, which has swatches of all their colors. (Which I love! Because they post up pictures of what the colors look like BEFORE the  boxes are sent out!) According to my profile, I'm Boho Glam and I actually liked the colors that were selected for me.
And to my surprise, when I open up my mailbox to pick up my Maven package, what do I get!? THE GOLDEN BOX! lol Which I thought was pretty funny since I wasn't really sure if I wanted an August box! But I was super excited and swatched all of the color and really liked most of them!


September:

With Fashion Week going on, Julep teamed up with Trina Turk for our September boxes. I liked the fact that it was our "Fall" box and all of the colors were inspired by colors that were shown during Fashion week, and just darker colors in general, for Fall. Now, I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not, but about a year ago, I wasn't really into nail polish. It didn't matter if I got my nails done, or painted, or anything. So, needless to say, my collection is slim. Which is another reason why I liked the idea of the September box, because I didn't really have a bunch of fall colors. So of course I ordered my box! :) I ended up switching from my Boho Glam profile, to the Classic with a Twist. 
I didn't have anything like Sophie, which is the color on the right, and I really liked it. And I hadn't owned a black polish, which is named Brandt, since my Goth days as a Freshman in high school! lol 

The September boxes also included a volumizing mascara in either black or brown. I didn't try it right away because I wanted to use up my current mascara, but when I did finally open it up, I really liked the way it made my lashes look. It also didn't feel clumpy or flakey. You know when you apply a bunch of mascara and you're eyelashes feel hard, chunky, clumpy and just gross? Well, this mascara DID NOT do that! lol My lashes continued to feel...well, like lashes!
Sophie

Sophie and Brandt
After applying Sophie, it did look a little different than it did in the Julep blog. I'm not really sure if it's the lighting, how it looks with my skin tone, or what. Either way, I still really like the color. 

October:


So, October is probably my most favorite month! You have the Fall weather, Halloween, and my birthday! LOL But mostly, I was excited to see what festive theme Julep was going to come up with! And here it is! I actually switched my profile again, this time to Bombshell. I wanted a black crackle polish (which I've never tried a crackle polish before!) and I wanted the deep red color. That combo kinda reminds me of Vampires, BUT I also loved the orange crackle because I thought it was really unique, so I added that on.
Yay! My box finally arrived with some additional goodies- candy corn and black and orange nail glitter!

I was super excited to get my box in the mail because I really wanted to try out my new polishes. I enjoyed the added goodies and then ripped open the black bag that had my polishes...

Or were supposed to have my polishes! LOL Instead, my little box didn't have any nail polishes, just 2 bottles of the Quick Dry Drops. Don't get me wrong, I was super excited to try these out too, but was a little disappointed. Anyways, I heard great reviews about Julep's customer service so I wasn't really worried about my issue. I emailed them on Saturday and got a response, today, so about 2 business days. So now my missing polishes are on their way and I don't need to send back the nail drops. yay! 


So that concludes my Julep roundup! :) Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment