Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ipsy Glambag - February




It's arrived! I wasn't expecting it this quickly, but it was happily sitting in my mailbox today. :)
In my last post, I revealed which items I would be getting, but the colors were a surprise (except for the BB cream since everyone got the same shade). So if you wanted to know what I got....















IPKN NY Moist & Firm BB (0.05oz) in LIGHT:

Lucky for me, I've been on the hunt for a good BB cream. I rarely have "good skin days" or at least good enough to where I'll leave the house with nothing on my face but sunscreen. So yes, I'm one of those girls who always has foundation or a tinted moisturizer on. :) The BB creams I have tried have either made my skin freak out or are too sheer or both. Surprisingly, this IPKN NEW YORK BB cream is really thick and seems to provide decent coverage. I've only swatched it on my hand but its thick and creamy and covered up a lot of the redness so I'm looking forward to seeing what this does on my face!

Blended out on the right side of hand.








Zoya Nail Polish (0.5 fl oz) in DOT:



I think I own one, maybe two, bottles of Zoya nail polish. My first one, was a really pale pink with some shimmer and I wasn't really impressed with the formula. When I opened up my Ipsy bag today and say this Zoya polish in the shade Dot, I thought 'oh crap, it's the same color as the other one I have', but thankfully it isn't! And apparently, I was just waiting for this to come in the mail because my nails have been naked for days and I've been indecisive about which color I wanted to paint them. And I'm happy to report that this formula is different from my other bottle! I hate really watery polishes! They usually require 15 coats (not really, but it feels like it!) and frankly, I don't have the patience to wait for it to dry to reapply and repeat. Dot isn't super thick or watery, but somewhere in between which makes it easy to work with and you'll only need about 2 coats.


 Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in One (0.14oz) in AMBROSIA:

I haven't tried this on my lids yet, and I'm a little nervous to, but I'll get to that in a sec. So this cream shadow is supposed to have a base built in and it's supposed to last and not crease. The color is really pretty, its a metallic lilac purple kinda color and feels really creamy when applied. The color is very opaque and the package seems huge, like you'll never run out of this stuff! As for why I'm a little nervous about using this....I only applied it to the back of my hand and it created a little bit of a burning sensation. I've seen some other girls say the same thing so that makes me a little nervous. But I may try it out and if it starts doing anything funky, off it goes! (I'm crazy, I know!) As for staying power, this stuff, once it dries, does not come off! I've tried rubbing it off and it won't budge, and it looks the same. It doesn't look flakey or lose it's shimmer, it looks like it did when I first applied it. So, if it can do that on oily lids, this would be amazing.






POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini (4g) in PEONY PETAL:


I'm really glad I got this shade, I'm not a fan of really bright lipsticks so I like this one. It's like the perfect rosey color for me. And I like the packaging, it's small but it's nice and doesn't feel like cheap plastic. It has a spicy cinnamon smell but it doesn't taste like anything or give you that "plumping tingle", although I'm not sure it's supposed to, but I don't find that it does either way. 



City Color Be Matte Blush (8.9g) in FRESH MELON:


Lastly, this little guy. I love me some peachy/orange blushes. Packaging wise, not super impressed, I think it feels a bit cheap. I do like the pigmentation so far. I applied it and it blends nicely, but we'll see how well it wears and if it causes any breakouts. It's a good size though, so if it does workout well then I'll have a bit to last me awhile.



Overall, another great bag. Oh, and the little bag this month has a pink leopard design on the inside - so cute! :) 

And I have a small announcement, which kind of makes me sad but knowing me, this won't last long.....
I have cancelled my Ipsy service! 

I know. I know. And now I will be on the dreaded waitlist shall I ever resubscribe (lol). And since we all know that Ipsy is one of my favorites, I probably will end up on the waiting list in a few months time, but I have so many samples and makeup that I don't use that often (if ever), that I need a break. (Why can't they have a 'Skip a Month' feature!?!?) Spring is coming and the "Spring Cleaning" bug has bit me already! So I'm trying to clean out my closet and makeup stash and all of my subscription services aren't helping. So I've decided to take a break from not just Ipsy, but most of them. For a little bit. :) 

So where does that leave my blog? That's a fantastic question and one that I have been asking myself for a few weeks now! :) Not much will change, except I'll probably be adding a bit more variety. I've been wanting to do that for awhile now but I've been busy trying to get back into the working world, and now that I have, I think I'll be able to plan things out better. 

So, please subscribe and stay tuned! And if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment