Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jewelmint Floral Inspired and Gatsby Glamour Curated box sets!




I don't know what it is about receiving packages in the mail, but I really look forward to it. It's almost like Christmas whenever something comes in.  So when I recieved the email about Jewelmint I got sucked in; I am a total sucker for these mystery boxes! Jewelmint had offered 3 different options but I just opted for the floral and the gatsby because they sounded more like "me". Each box set included 4 pieces relating to whichever theme you chose. And I'm sure there are other reviews on these boxes, but hey, what's one more!? ;) haha



 Lets start with the Floral Inspired set:

Daisy Earrings
Garden Party Rings

Baroque Bloom Necklace
Gem Bouquet Ring

I LOVE the Daisy Earrings! I've been eyeing them for awhile and I was really hoping that they would come in this set. As for the other pieces  I would not have chosen them if given the option.  The Garden Party Rings are cute and I could see myself wearing them at some point. The Gem Bouquet Ring seems a little "old lady" to me. Although it's pretty and I love the detail in it, I'm just not sure I'll wear it.  And last, but not least, the Baroque Bloom Necklace.  I really like the way this necklace looks. It's very old looking, a little antiquey   and a little goth feeling. But the I can't seem to get passed the fact that it looks like something I would've worn in my "goth days" back in high school. lol I think I may need some styling ideas on this and maybe it would look great paired with a black blouse. But I'm unsure on how much use I'll actually get out of this.

The Gatsby Glamour set:
Crystal Tower Earrings
Ginger Earrings
Shades of Grey Ring
Arabian Romance Bracelet
Now here are some pieces I really would not have picked for myself! I've seen the Arabian Romance Bracelet but never really liked that type of style. I guess I've always kind of thought that style didn't really look...classy? Is that the right word I'm looking for? Maybe... It just didn't seem like something I could pull off now, maybe back in my younger years, but now? I tried it on anyways and what happened? I loved it! lol I love that it's rose gold with the black crystal placed in the center. It's extremely delicate and sadly, the picture above does not do it justice. The Shades of Grey ring is lovely with all of its sparkle (so sparkly the camera couldn't capture it! lol) and has front facing sparkle on both sides.  However, and this could just be me since I have big hands (thanks dad!) but the sizing seems to run a little small. The Ginger Earrings are nice and simple, which I like. And the Crystal tower earrings remind me something from a sci-fi movie. They have 2 front facing white crystals and the bottom has a blue gem. They're very modern looking but I keep expecting the bottom gem to turn on like a small LED. LOL Not sure if those little guys will be staying in my collection.

Well that's pretty much it! Just thought I'd share my latest JM purchasing adventure! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment